In 1990, ACTION-Housing established its management entity, Supportive Housing Management Services (SHMS), as a result of its mission-oriented need to have a more direct role in the physical management of its growing portfolio of properties, and the need to ensure a better delivery system of supportive services to enrich the lives of its residents. Today, SHMS is a full service management company with an annual operating budget approaching $7 million.
SHMS manages 35 Developments comprised of 1,289 units located in four counties—Allegheny, Beaver, Westmoreland, and Somerset—as follows:
- Very low-income persons with disabilities: 10 Developments containing 153 units
- Very low-income seniors: 16 Developments containing 700 units
- Low-income families: 6 Developments containing 314 units
- Homeless individuals: 3 Developments containing 122 units
12 of these developments, comprising 538 units of housing, have Service Coordinators who act as liaisons between residents and service providers in the community to address resident needs. The Service Coordination Program was initiated in 1998 to ensure that SHMS residents maintained their independence. Since its inception, the Service Coordination program has successfully connected residents to essential supportive services and resources, allowing them to remain in their units and eliminating the added cost of transferring to a long-term care facility.
Penn Mathilda Apartments - Open for applicants!
ACTION-Housing will be accepting applications for the Penn Mathilda Apartments, located at 4816 Penn Avenue in Bloomfield, beginning October 15, 2015. Move-in will begin in February of 2016.
There are 33 one-bedroom units and six two-bedroom units in the building – half of the units have a preference for veterans.
- Off street parking
- Secure bicycle parking
- Community room
- ADA accessibility
- On-site laundry
- No pets are allowed
- Single tenants - household income must be less than $29,220 per year
- Two tenants - households income must be less than $33,360 per year
Rent Cost and Application:
Rent starts at $605/month for a one bedroom apartment and $730/month for a two-bedroom apartment and includes utilities. Please note that applications postmarked before October 15th will not be accepted.
Dave Wright Apartments - Open for applicants!
ACTION-Housing, Inc., a non-profit affordable housing provider is seeking applicants for its newest building, the Dave Wright Apartments, located at 1842 Washington Pike, Heidelberg, PA.
- 42 Affordable Apartments in Heidelberg
- 21 Units with a preference for person’s who have been diagnosed as being on the Autism Spectrum
- 1 and 2 Bedroom Units Available
- Scheduled Opening Fall of 2016
For more information and application, click here